Dave Demetriou May 25th 2018
At Motor Trade Careers Ltd, your privacy is very important to us and we are totally committed to safeguarding and preserving this.
Starting on the 25th of May 2018, a new Data Protection Act will come into effect, the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
This is in respect of individuals who visit our website, register their details with us as well as apply for the roles we advertise.
This policy explains how we use the data and also, conditions where we may disclose it to others. Also, how we protect your data / keep it secure.
At times, we may change or alter this Policy to conform to all legal guidelines so please regularly visit this page to make sure you are satisfied with any changes.
By using our website, you are agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Who are Motor Trade Careers Ltd?
Motor Trade Careers Ltd are the UK’s most up to date, modern Automotive Industry Recruiter. We have been specialist recruiters for a number of years and are dedicated to helping candidates find their next role and clients find the very best candidates.
What type of information is collected from you?
When you visit our website or contact us to register your interests in our organisation’s services, we will collect personal information from you. This information will include your name, address, e-mail address, telephone numbers as well as the type of roles you are interested in. When successful in being offered a role, we will also keep on file, further information to support your right to work in the UK such as copies of your passport and relevant supporting documentation, required by UK employment law. You may also wish to give further information such as your date of birth, nationality and ethnic background at your discretion.
We gather this information in order to contact you, process your applications and store you on our database. We will also keep you aware of potential, suitable roles in the automotive sector by contacting you, either by phone, post or e-mail.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our services like visiting our website, registering your C.V. / details on our website or indeed, confirming your interest in a role we are advertising.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- Consider your suitability for roles we are recruiting for.
- To contact you, either by phone, post, E-mail and text message regarding:
- Job opportunities you may be interested in.
- To update / keep our information up-to-date.
- Receive feedback on our products and services.
- To notify you of any changes in our organisation.
- Respond to any communications you have initiated.
- Also, where a job offer has been made, we will be required to provide your potential, new employer with personal details such as your contact information, potential references and your C.V.
- Your contact information will only be sent to a client when a job offer is made and / or before with your consent.
Who has access to your information? Please note, we will not share nor sell your information to third parties for marketing purposes –
- You have the opportunity to decide the communication you receive from us or indeed, if you do not wish to receive any at all. The type of communication you can expect to receive from us can include the latest roles you may be interested in or news from the automotive industry. You can select the level of communication you receive from us such as the types of roles you are notified about, by ticking the relevant boxes inside the ‘send C.V.’ tab of this website when you register with us. You can also change this at any point by calling us on 01925 669366 or replying to any e-mail or text message you receive from us.
How you can access and update your information –
- Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com. Alternatively, you can call us on 01925 669366.
- You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Motor Trade Careers Ltd hold about you at any time and we will supply this, free of charge, commensurate with this legislation, provided that confirmation of your identity is disclosed. This information can include your personal information and confirmation of your data being processed.
- GDPR changes to legislation comes into effect on the 25th May 2018. We will not contact you for marketing purposes after this point, if you have ‘opted out’. However, if you have made no indication to us of your preference, we will continue to contact you until otherwise notified, under the legitimate interest proviso.
- Our priority is your entitlement to privacy and as an organisation, we will ensure this is protected at all times. We shall not sell, rent or loan your information to any third parties. Upon a successful appointment / job offer and with your permission, we may pass your personal information to our clients to enable them to contact you and also, draw up and send necessary contracts of employment to you. Your personal information will also be available to all employees of Motor Trade Careers Ltd.
- Our retention periods for personal data are constantly assessed to comply with legislation. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the recruitment process or for a period of 6 years. As a recruitment consultancy, we are legally required to hold the listed types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations.