One of our preferred clients are looking for a Vehicle Damage Assessor to join a friendly, fast-paced team at their state-of-the-art Manchester body shop.
Help deliver outstanding service/high-quality repairs for our customers, and in return you’ll receive competitive pay, opportunities for progression, great benefits alike.
You will have a keen eye and excellent attention to detail as you accurately assess damage to vehicles and identify repair methods, using our systems to create and track estimates. Great communication skills will help you to explain the repair procedure to customers and the workshop.
- Annual pay review
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity pay
- Annual summer and Christmas parties
- Inspect damaged vehicles and assess the full extent of the damage sustained accurately.
- Carry out visual inspections to identify any accidental damage caused to avoid uninsured loss damage costs.
- Identify the correct prescribed repair method through reference to manufacturer’s authorised repair methodology.
- Estimate required repairs together with the time to be allowed, materials and parts required, considering the most economical repair method using both manual and electronic methods.
- Communicate effectively with customers, engineers, and technicians to ensure understanding of correct vehicle repair methodology.
- Explain repair procedure and process to the workshop and customers with varying levels of understanding.
- Ability to value vehicles at a market value to determine the repairable economics of a damaged vehicle.
- Review all open job cards daily and report any ongoing challenges.
- Ensure all chargeable materials are recorded on job cards for invoicing purposes.
- Maintain awareness of incoming vehicles and flag any issues.
- Awareness and compliance of Health & Safety requirements.
- Assist in the correct evaluation and justification of bodywork warranty claims and provide comprehensive explanations thereof.
- Bring to customers’ attention any problems, faults and other issues that might impact on the performance and safety of their vehicles.
Skills & Experience:
- ATA VDA Vehicle Damage Assessor.
- Relevant experience as an estimator.
- Ability to qualify and quantify repairs required.
- Ability to negotiate effectively with third parties.
- Audatex Trained.
- Escribe trained and Adherence.
- Ability to discuss and negotiate agreeable solutions to customer problems.
If you feel that you have ALL the required skills and experience and would like to be considered for the position, click on apply now with a full and up to date CV